- Understand what you are looking for before you go into the shop. It’s a bit like doing your food shopping on an empty stomach. You will come out with a lot of things you don’t need!
- Bundle deals e.g. computer game systems or TV and surround systems - make a comparison and shop around, bundle deals are available in many stores and offer different options and specifications depending where you go.
- Don’t get sucked in to buying any unnecessary add-ons, they may seem great at the time but are often things you don’t need or want.
- Open box and refurbished electronic items are a great way of saving extra money, they still have the 1 year warranty that new tech has.
- When it comes to mobile or other tech insurance at the point of sale… check it, you may have this already covered under your home Insurance. With extended warranties, think about the longevity of the device or appliance and its existing warranty, do you really need it?
Save the File Genie number in your phone: 07872 052 751. If you have seen something whilst out shopping (a great bit of tech for what looks like a good price) and you are unsure about buying it… give File Genie a call, our trusted Geek will help you decide if it is the right tech for you with some impartial advice.